When you order a Temple Farm turkey for your Christmas Dinner, you can be sure of the tastiest possible meal, because we follow the Traditional Farmfresh Turkey Association Quality Assurance Code known as The Golden Turkey Guarantee.
This code guarantees that our turkeys are:
1. Reared and produced with the greatest care by independent farmers dedicated to the production of the finest truly Traditional Farm Fresh Turkeys, who are committed to this code.
2. Grown slowly to full maturity and prime condition.
3. Fattened on rations containing at least 70% cereals with no animal protein and never given antibiotics or other additives for growth promotion.
4. Housed in buildings giving both natural light and ventilation while providing essential weather protection, with space at or better than the Animal Welfare Code recommendations.
5. Always handled with extreme care by experienced staff under the personal supervision of the farmer.
6. Regularly bedded with comfortable straw or soft wood shavings.
7. Grown on farms with all flocks independently inspected to ensure that the Code is met in full.
8. Slaughtered on the farm to avoid stress from long distance transportation.
9. Always dry plucked and hung for a minimum of seven days to mature and develop the natural flavours unique to this traditional type of production.
10. The processing facilities are independently inspected to ensure that all legislation is fully complied with.
11. Each turkey is individually inspected and examined before qualifying for the Golden Promise guarantee to be affixed.
12. Each bird is supplied with a money-back commitment in the unlikely event of consumer dissatisfaction. This commitment is guaranteed by the TFTA
This code of practice and quality guarantee applies only to Totally Traditional Turkeys produced by members of the Traditional Farmfresh Turkey Association.
Our Free Range Totally Traditional Turkeys have, from the age of eight weeks, daytime access to natural vegetation in spacious open-air runs.